WHAT IS TOURMALINE:
Tourmaline is a gemstone that belongs to a complex family of borosilicate mixed with iron, magnesium or other various metals that depending upon the proportions of its components may form as red, pink, yellow, brown, black, green, blue or violet.
The name Tourmaline comes from an ancient Sinhalese word “turmali” meaning “a mixed color precious stone” or “something small from the earth.”
Tourmaline is believed to promote inspiration and happiness, reduce fear, and build self-confidence among its users.
It's also used to balance yin-yang energies, as it's considered a physical bridge to the spiritual.
Tourmalines, in general, are believed to be excellent tools for energizing and balancing the chakras, especially crystal wands made from tourmaline, for cleansing the aura and balancing the meridian system.
Here you you will find the name and colours of Tourmaline and the main metaphysical properties:
- Siberite -violet- Protects against dark entities.
- Dravite -orange,brown- Enhances creativity, stimulates the sacral chakra, and balances emotions of sexual nature.
- Elbaite -all colours including colourless ones- Promotes joy and love
- Verdelite -green- Opens the heart chakra, allowing it to perceive what the third eye visualizes; teaches compassion; a must-have stone for the herbalist or anyone who works with plants; attracts success and abundance.
- Indicolite -blue- Activates third eye and throat chakra; assists retrieval of higher knowledge and enhances inner knowing.
- Schorl -black- Disipates tension and protectsagainst negative thinking.
- Rubellite - red,pink- Stimulates sociability and a entrepeneur spirit.
Image Credit : GeologyIn
Healing crystal meanings are spiritual supports to healing, not prescription or healthcare information.